Helicon forgets the registration key

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Brian

got it (I think!)

Unread postby Brian » 22.09.2007 06:02

Okay sorry, I should have tried harder.

After reading some of the other threads about this problem, I logged into support and requested a new key. It seems to be fine so far

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 25.09.2007 16:32

The registration data (key) are stored in *.hky file near HeliconFilter.exe

Looks like the program cannot create or rename this file. Please have a look and let us know (support (at) heliconfilter.com)

Floorshow

Resetting of license file every few minutes: possible cause

Unread postby Floorshow » 09.08.2008 14:52

After very long searching I found out that Spybot S&D was blocking any changes to any file that had the extension '.hky'. (Sigh:-)

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 10.08.2008 19:44

Brian,

If we knew why this happened we would have already fixed it :)
Please try the latest 4.88 version.

Floorshow

.hky not updatable/writable

Unread postby Floorshow » 24.08.2008 11:03

The above mentioned S&D extension problem did not solve it completely. After upgrading to 4.88 I got the forgetting of registration once again, in addition to the application error on exciting. Been trying to use the registered version now for about three weeks.

I will regard the 'investment' of the pro version as a total loss and will revert to an illegal version of helicon or an altogether different product. :(

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 27.08.2008 08:02

First of all, try the latest 4.88 version.

Helicon Filter creates *.hky file near HeliconFilter.exe to store registration information. If you still have this problem with 4.88 version, please let us know and describe if you have hky file.

floorshow

At least a small addional indication for the cause?

Unread postby floorshow » 09.01.2009 15:31

This forgetting of the license information which for me still happens every 4 or 5 minutes (just hurriedly edit 1 photo and then try to get motivated to start helicon 2times again for just one other...) seems to be correlated with an intended edit of the win.ini file.
Comodo (firewall) found this out for me.
Unfortunately it makes no difference whether I allow the mod (of the ini file) or not.
Since it is now about half a year I have not been able to use this program I hope the helicon can start doing something about it [given this additional information]

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”