raf conversion

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

james partlo

raf conversion

Unread postby james partlo » 04.07.2013 18:57

Helicon seems to convert the thumbnail to jpeg instead of the raf file to a tiff. Just updated to ver. 5.2.4. Any ideas?

jpmccormac

Re: raf conversion

Unread postby jpmccormac » 05.07.2013 16:15

Can you elaborate on this question? Are you trying to save the RAF file as a TIFF after making corrections in HF 5.2.4? If so, this shouldn't be a problem as long as you select "Save As" and then select TIFF as the extension in the drop down box. I have many RAF files from my F900EXR camera and have no problem working with them in HF 5.2.4.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Are you trying to covert the RAF files using the batch/queue process? Again, this works in my version of HF 5.2.4.

james partlo

Unread postby james partlo » 09.08.2013 21:26

Hello - Please forgive the rather long delay the reasons for it are many and not worth elaborating upon. When I open a raw .raf file in Filter it seems to be converted to a 24b/pixel 8b/channel file and in brackets on the title it states [25mb thumbnail]. When opening a .cr2 raw file or a .dng raw file it will correctly read the files as 48b/pixel 16b/channel. If saving a .raf file it will only be saved as a 8bit file. Any explanation?
Regards
james partlo

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 14.08.2013 13:08

Most probably RAF files cannot be open, only JPEG thumbnail is extracted. I would recommend to activate WIC support and install WIC driver for RAF files. Or, disable WIC and experiment with recent DCRAW.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”