Rendered image is fuzzy if mildly enlarged; looks pixilated

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Bar

Rendered image is fuzzy if mildly enlarged; looks pixilated

Unread postby Bar » 15.03.2013 12:43

After rendering a stack of 17 images, the rendered image is fuzzy when mildly magnified. Pixels are present. I have tried using different background densities in case a bright while background was the problem, I have made sure the focus plane progressed from close to far in small steps. Sample sent by email. Using Nikon D800E with 105 macro lens. Have tried both tungsten and strobe lighting. Have captured images in NEF raw format and tried rendering after converting to JPEG and TIFF files.

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Rendered image is fuzzy if mildly enlarged; looks pixila

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 18.03.2013 14:30

Please upload JPEGs in full resolution because low resolution tiffs do not allow to estimate result properly.

bnebel

Unread postby bnebel » 03.05.2013 20:24

downloaded 5.3x64, now images aren't clear, large pixels. In previous release, I used RAW images and never had a problem. Do we have to use jpegs with this new release? Is that what's causing my problem now?

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 07.05.2013 12:55

It means that the program uses thumbnail from the RAW file instead of the full data. Try to use different RAW converter in the Preferences of Helicon Filter. Please make sure that WIC support is disabled for RAW files. If this does not help please send your RAW file to our ftp server as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”