HF 5.2.1. Explain WIC Support for RAW files

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

jpmccormac

HF 5.2.1. Explain WIC Support for RAW files

Unread postby jpmccormac » 11.03.2013 03:11

1. I assume the support for WIC refers to Windows Imaging Component in Microsoft's Image Composite Editor (ICE) I see in the Settings that HF now includes this codec. Can you tell us how this changes or improves the processing? Thanks.

2. I can't see any Help file for the Helicon Smart Filter v1.2 that appears under Menu > Help > Test Item (Ctrl-F11). Saving an image within this window returns error "#ALS_SAVE (html file not found)"

3. Win 7 Task Manager states that HF 5.2.1 is a BETA version. Correct? If so, shouldn't the download page indicate that it's a BETA version?

Stas Yatsenko

Re: HF 5.2.1. Explain WIC Support for RAW files

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 12.03.2013 17:57

1. According to our tests, WIC codecs are fast and provide high quality output so WIC is activated by default. Please remember that you can install latest codecs to get best results. Some users prefer specific RAW convertors, like original Nikon libraries so we left possibility use old converters as well.
2 and 3. That was glitch, sorry. We made public internal test version. Please download the latest version from our site.

Please have a look at Quick Edit in Helicon Photo Safe, this is what you seen by pressing Ctrl-F11.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”