another canon 7d problem

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

mnelson3

another canon 7d problem

Unread postby mnelson3 » 03.12.2012 05:49

when I shoot a stack with the camera in portrait orientation, the image I see on my computer screen, in both helicon remote and helicon focus, is clipped off (bottom third missing); but when I save to photoshop after helicon works its magic, I see the full image. The image fills my camera viewfinder, so I know the camera is seeing the whole image; but not confident that helicon is seeing the whole image...

and perhaps related to this, while shooting remote in portrait orientation, I watched as focus moved stepwise down the image plane as each image was taken, but the process stopped before it covered the bottom part of the image, so the stack was, in that sense, incomplete.

so, how do I see the unclipped image in either helicon remote or in helicon focus, and how to I ensure that the stacked images taken include the entire image?

Stas Yatsenko

Re: another canon 7d problem

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 03.12.2012 14:39

Please send us several (3-4) images from any stack that you observe as being cut off when displayed in Focus. You can send them to heliconsoft@gmail.com or upload to our FTP server: http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html

To clarify: the far focus point was set correctly and covered the certain area of image, but when shooting stack focus never reached that area? In that case please go to File -> Preferences -> Canon and set pause between focusing steps to 1000ms, see if it helps.

mnelson3

Re: another canon 7d problem

Unread postby mnelson3 » 03.12.2012 17:54

problem in part is that the image is cropped on the computer screen so I can't even see the nearest point to focus on, only the farthest point...this is while shooting in portrait mode with an object that almost completely fills the viewfinder frame on my 7d.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”