Graphic card does not support requested feature error messag

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

IndyDuq

Graphic card does not support requested feature error messag

Unread postby IndyDuq » 10.07.2012 05:02

I have a Toshiba A305-S6858 laptop and when I try to start Helicon Remote, I receive the following error message: Graphic card does not support requested feature.

My graphics are listed in the control panel as: Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family.

I love the software but being tied to only using my desktop limits the usefulness. I would consider a newer laptop, but need some advice on required graphics.

Thanks in advance!

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Graphic card does not support requested feature error me

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 10.07.2012 11:02

Please send a bug report from Remote (Help -> Report a bug). You might want to use the previous version for now (if it works without problems) : http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... s5.3.4.exe

IndyDuq

Unread postby IndyDuq » 10.07.2012 13:36

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Please send a bug report from Remote (Help -> Report a bug). You might want to use the previous version for now (if it works without problems) : http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... s5.3.4.exe

I will try the previous version this evening. Sending a bug report not possible, the error message pops up as soon as I double click the program icon so it never starts!

Thanks!

IndyDuq

Unread postby IndyDuq » 11.07.2012 04:30

IndyDuq wrote:
Stas Yatsenko wrote:Please send a bug report from Remote (Help -> Report a bug). You might want to use the previous version for now (if it works without problems) : http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... s5.3.4.exe

I will try the previous version this evening. Sending a bug report not possible, the error message pops up as soon as I double click the program icon so it never starts!

Thanks!

Stas, I tried the version in the link above. It worked a bit better in that the program launched, let me set A + B focus points, but I tried to take a single frame via the "take picture" button in order to check flash setting, it locked up. I did send a bug report. Hope this helps, I am anxious to move beyond the confines of my desktop!!

Thanks again for your help!

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 11.07.2012 14:09

Your laptop's graphics card is probably too old and doesn't support the necessary feature (either that or you have 2 graphics cards, in which case disabling one should help). Remote will work with any modern graphics adapter. Unfortunately, we can't offer you a working version at the moment. The problems of a previous version are probably fixed now, at least some of them are, but we can't make a version that will work with your graphics card.

finole

Unread postby finole » 16.08.2013 09:26

Works on Ubuntu 9.04 with ATI open source drivers. Thanks!

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”