5.2.4 X64 problem

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

agiyo

5.2.4 X64 problem

Unread postby agiyo » 12.06.2011 17:46

When I move the vertical scroll bar during enlarged-retouching, the software takes over and continues scrolling past where I want to move the bar, until it reaches about the middle of the image. Meanwhile, nothing else responds, the program is essentially crashing-without-crashing, like it is looping. It positions itself slowly, which takes several minutes, then repositions two or three more times, all the while preventing me from working or escaping its control. It will not allow image positioning for retouching in the lower half of the photograph, so I cannot get to parts of the image to fix them. It does not always do this, but has already cost time and frustration with one of my favorite programs!

This machine runs Windows 7 Premium 64 bit, with i7-870 CPU, 8 gigs RAM, and worked perfectly with Helicon until the latest upgrades. Hope you can fix this bug soon, my friends.

Joe

agiyo

Re: 5.2.4 X64 problem

Unread postby agiyo » 13.06.2011 17:29

It has again happened several times since my original post, above. HF seems to work normally as long as the vertical scroll bar is in the top half of its travel, but when I move it to the bottom half of its travel, it slowly (soooooo slowly) moves the scroll bar back to the center, preventing me from doing anything at all until it has repositioned several times.

Hope you can fix this soon, it has spoiled several spectacular images.

Joe

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 14.06.2011 11:26

Joe,

Thanks for reporting this. We are not able to reproduce it so far. Please check if it depends on the image. Can you reproduce the bug with our demo images? If not, please send us a couple of your images for tests.

Please use previous version (http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... 5.1.29.exe) till we fix it.

agiyo

Unread postby agiyo » 19.06.2011 02:55

Stas,

Yes, it happened with all images. I am working from .NEF files, and it happens most often---almost every time---when the copy source vertical scroll bar is pulled below the bottom of its track. The scroll bar takes over the program and returns slowly to about the middle of the track. It will often reset two or three times back to the bottom of the track, slowly returning again to the center. Doesn't happen as often in the top half of the scroll track.

I didn't try it with jpegs or other file types and have, as you suggested, reloaded 5.1.29 so I can get some work done. I'll reload 5.2.4 X64 in a couple of days and see whether it happens with jpegs, or what else I can find.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 19.06.2011 09:30

Thanks for your report. We will try to fix it ASAP.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”