Lost Windows XP startup/shutdown sound after install

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Greytop

Lost Windows XP startup/shutdown sound after install

Unread postby Greytop » 02.08.2004 22:05

Hi

I recently installed your excellent Noise Filter (1.57 Beta 1) on XP Home SP1 and noticed that the Windows startup and shutdown sound now doesn't work. I can verfy that it is the Noise Filter that has caused it as I have three other logons on my PC for my daughters and wife. When I ran the noise filter on my wife's logon the Windows sound disappeared there too.

I have tried to re-enable it by going to control panel/sound speach & Audio devices/change sound scheme/then back to default Windows sound without any luck.

I'm very impressed with the program's noise reduction capability but I would like to have control of my Windows sound back! Any ideas? I can send you my PC specifications if it is any help.

Greytop

Unread postby Greytop » 03.08.2004 11:07

Hi

Has anybody else had the same experience?

Cheers :?:

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 03.08.2004 19:22

Yes, one more user have reported similar problem and we think we found the reason. Please wait for about a week for the next version.

Greytop

Unread postby Greytop » 03.08.2004 21:47

Dan Kozub wrote:Yes, one more user have reported similar problem and we think we found the reason. Please wait for about a week for the next version.

Thanks Dan, I look forward to the next Beta. If this also restores control of my XP sound I will be even happier!!! :)

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”