Filter 5.0.8 beta how to select portrait/landscape

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

DCowles

Filter 5.0.8 beta how to select portrait/landscape

Unread postby DCowles » 18.04.2010 17:58

I was running Filter 4.93 and encountered an issue where it would not crop an image. As a result, I downloaded V5.0.8 and installed on my computer. I am running Windows XP Pro on a Dell Vostros 400, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4500 (2.20GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800FSB). With no help files available as of yet for this beta version, I feel really awkward that I can not figure out how to change a crop from landscape to portrait. Help! I have looked but do not see a simple icon or button that will rotate the page. :oops:

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Filter 5.0.8 beta how to select portrait/landscape

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 19.04.2010 12:41

When you select the area to crop it automatically adjusts to vertical or horizontal position according to selected proportions. Once you make a selection (green frame) , there is no way to rotate it. We will try to add it to the next version. So my suggestion is to make a new selection instead of modifying the existing one. We imporved crop speed and we plan to publish new version this week.

DCowles

Unread postby DCowles » 26.04.2010 17:10

Perhaps I shouldn't have selected "Paper" prior to selecting the crop. As I pulled the cursor across the image it would only select the size of image in a portrait orientation. Should I un-select "Paper" and do the crop, then reselect the media?

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 27.04.2010 12:53

When you select Paper this means that the selection has fixed proportions. Then you can make vertical or horizontal selection, it chages orientation according to the movements of the mouse. I.e. if you click and drag selection to the right, you will have horizontal selection. If you drag it to the bottom, you'll have vertical selection.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”