"broken" functionality?

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

HoM

"broken" functionality?

Unread postby HoM » 20.10.2009 20:36

very strange: I use Helicon Filter since years now but suddenly I have problems, I did not have before:
when using "skalieren" (sorry, its the german version) with "beschneiden aktivieren" very strange things happen: after switching to "speichern" no crop is performed ! Even more strange: going back to "skalieren" the frame does not behave as expected: if I try to drag it with the mouse (with a click on the cross in the center) it becomes as wide and as hight as the complete picture. And: the dark color, that marks the part to be taken away from the pic does not get updated every time I resize the selection frame.
I am pretty sure that this has worked before ! How could this be?
regards
Holger

PS: I updated to the latest version with no improvement. I use Vista 32 on a quad core with 3GB of memory

Stas Yatsenko

Re: "broken" functionality?

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 21.10.2009 13:05

HoM wrote:very strange: I use Helicon Filter since years now but suddenly I have problems, I did not have before:
when using "skalieren" (sorry, its the german version) with "beschneiden aktivieren" very strange things happen: after switching to "speichern" no crop is performed ! Even more strange: going back to "skalieren" the frame does not behave as expected: if I try to drag it with the mouse (with a click on the cross in the center) it becomes as wide and as hight as the complete picture. And: the dark color, that marks the part to be taken away from the pic does not get updated every time I resize the selection frame.
I am pretty sure that this has worked before ! How could this be?
regards
Holger

PS: I updated to the latest version with no improvement. I use Vista 32 on a quad core with 3GB of memory

We are preparing completely new version 5 to be released in a few weeks so we do not change old 4.x version anymore. I would suggest you to install some of the previous versions, maybe the bug appeared only in the latest version. Here are the links:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... er4.90.exe
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... er4.88.exe
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... er4.87.exe

jpmccormac

Re: "broken" functionality?

Unread postby jpmccormac » 21.10.2009 15:27

Well, we finally hear some news about version 5 of Helicon Filter! I'm not holding my breath though.

Stas Yatsenko wrote:
HoM wrote:We are preparing completely new version 5 to be released in a few weeks so we do not change old 4.x version anymore.
All who wander are not lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

BrianS

hey JP looks like 5.0 is here!

Unread postby BrianS » 26.10.2009 13:58

Hi JP,

I trust you've noticed 5.0 is available at the download page?

I've just installed it and am about to test it.

I'm surprised we weren't informed by email!
Brian

jpmccormac

Re: hey JP looks like 5.0 is here!

Unread postby jpmccormac » 26.10.2009 19:50

We are discussing Helicon Filter not Helicon Focus. As far as I can see there is no version 5 of Helicon Filter - yet - on the Download page.
BrianS wrote:Hi JP,

I trust you've noticed 5.0 is available at the download page?
I've just installed it and am about to test it.
I'm surprised we weren't informed by email!
Brian
All who wander are not lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”