Help! - freezing and crashing :cry:

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

robertwol

Help! - freezing and crashing :cry:

Unread postby robertwol » 04.05.2009 20:30

Hi, I like your helicon focus program but I'm pretty sure it's crashing my PC. The machine is running 64 bit Vista, and I have the latest trial version of Helicon Focus.

I tried unchecking the 'use 64 bit' option in the preferences but it still crashed. I've tried running lots of memory hungry programs but not HF and things were fine. It always seems to crash when I've spent a while re-touching - very frustrating!

I save frequently but am I right that there is no way to save, close, and then come back to the re-touching job in progress? Also of course, any ideas what I can do about the freezing and crashing?

Thanks,

Rob
My favourite picture? The next one! (Picasso)

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 06.05.2009 19:57

I don't know what would be wrong, hopefully Dan will come by and help. I agree, a "save your progress" thing for images would be good. However, and I may not be remembering clearly since I haven't done this in a while, I'm pretty sure that if you are in the middle of something and then close the program, when you open that picture next time it WILL restore your editing progress. Not sure if it works with crashes.... which is why a 'save your progress" thing would be good.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 07.05.2009 14:00

Please contact our support (support at heliconsoft.com). We will try to find our the reason for your crash. Please install the latest version to be sure it is not yet fixed.

robertwol

Unread postby robertwol » 08.05.2009 22:12

A thousand apologies :oops: - it was the graphics driver crashing the PC, not HF, now fixed I think

robertwol

Unread postby robertwol » 08.05.2009 22:14

A thousand apologies :oops: - it was the graphics driver crashing the PC, not HF, now fixed I think

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”