Checkmark "Exposure warnings" is reset. Bug or fea

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Baeker

Checkmark "Exposure warnings" is reset. Bug or fea

Unread postby Baeker » 26.02.2009 22:58

I am using "Exposure warnings" nearly with every image. I am frustrated that the checkmark is reset by rule in the following situations.

1. The checkmark "Exposure warnings" is reset if I move the slider "Auto detect". If I set the checkmark again the image still shows underexposed/overexposed areas.
The user is watching the image display and means that Auto Detect has solved all overexposure/underexposure problems.

2. The checkmark "Exposure warnings" is reset if I select the reset button on the Brightness Tab Card.
My intention when selecting the reset button is only to set the brightness processing parameters to default.
The "Exposure warning" is a kind of a display parameter and should only be reset by unchecking the checkmark on the Brightness tab or Color tab.
Sualk

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 02.03.2009 15:29

You can set this checkbox and "Save as default settings" ant the bottom of the tab. Next time reset will use your settings.

Baeker

Do not reset "Exposure Warnings"

Unread postby Baeker » 02.03.2009 21:37

Thank you for your immediate response.

You proposal does not solve the problem as

1. if I move the slider "Auto detect" the default settings are also reset for good reasons as these are processing settings.

2. The default settings are also reset if I press the button "Reset processing settings to default"

This makes it very clear "Exposure Warning" is no processing setting but only a display parameter and as such it should not be modified whenever processing parameters are changed by the user.

Please consider to implement it that way in one of your SW releases.

Thank you in advance

Sualk
Sualk

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 02.03.2009 22:07

You are right. I will note this.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”