Bug in Helicon Filter "Increase dynamic range"

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Baeker

Unread postby Baeker » 26.02.2009 22:15

I am using HeliconFilter 4.92.2 Home and I am very content with the functionality.

However after many tests I came to the conclusion that "High Dynamic Range" seems not work as specified in your Help file:

The result of "Increase dynamic range"
a) has no color information in the dark areas although the overexposed image contains all the required colors; "saturation of dull colors" on the color tab card has no function on those images.
b) adds unnecessarily noise to the dark areas not contained in the overexposed image.

"Average to reduce noise ..." does not have this deficiency if applied to the same images.

I provided 5 shots, 1 EV step as requested in your OM

I tested all orders to add the images, I tested all combinations of images, I averaged both the underexposed and overexposed images individually and fed the results to "Increase dynamic range...". I never received a result which had any color in the dark areas.
Sualk

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 02.03.2009 15:26

Please upload your image to our server (http://heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) for our tests.

Baeker

Unread postby Baeker » 02.03.2009 22:56

Thanks for taking care on this issue.

I have pasted the 5 source jpgs and the result filtered by Helicon Brightness/Auto detect. I have set the slider into the third position.
Sualk

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”