registration failure helicon filter

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

kees mazee

registration failure helicon filter

Unread postby kees mazee » 18.02.2009 02:20

After reformatting harddisk and reinstalling XP - the registration key is refused.
I've send allready 3 emails asking for new code but no response.
Program was registered in 2005 and by that time there was no activation
code supplied.

Old workstation ID
User name: kees mazee
Workstation ID: 57-86-7E-93-61-03-00-BB

New workstation ID: 4A-0C-FE-63-00-04-5A-48

Awaiting your reply

:evil: :lol:

kees mazee

registration failure

Unread postby kees mazee » 18.02.2009 23:19

Received new activationcode and all is working as usual again
tks a lot
Kees

aquinas50

Offline Registration of Helicon Filter 4.93 Failed

Unread postby aquinas50 » 08.05.2009 18:42

I have had serious problems trying to register the latest version of Helicon Filter offline. I had version 4.88 installed and registered. previously when I updated, the update automatically recognized that the program was registered. This did not happen with the upgrade from 4.88 to 4.93.

My Internet access is at work but I use HF at home on another computer. I got HF 4.93 to generate a workstation fingerprint and did a screengrab of it which I took to the office computer and generated a registration code at the Helicon Support Desk. I then made a TXT file of the registratioin code and copied it onto the home computer. My offline registration attempt failed: it failed because HF 4.93 generated a new workstation fingerprint! All that had changed on the home computer was the copying onto the home machine of the tiny TXT file containing the registration key! The registration key was copied to the clipboard and the copy to the TXT file was also checked.

This is silly! It makes the customers very unhappy. It is unrealistic to expect the customer to type in the registration key because it is too long and complex. A simpler and less perverse workstation ID system is to use the Windows product key on the computer on which the customer is trying to register HF.

What I had to do was to move the home computer to my office and use the automatic registration: that is an unreasonable requirement to register.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 09.05.2009 10:58

We tried to make the process as simple as possible. Workstation ID does change but this does not affect registration process.

aquinas50

Offline Registration Failure

Unread postby aquinas50 » 12.05.2009 00:31

The offline registration failed: I typed in the correct Workstation ID (generated by version 4.93 from before I copied the TXT file containing the registration key to my hard drive) and pasted the registration key into the Offline Registration window. The offline registration did not work. I had previously tried the same offline registration procedure with a Workstation ID from a 4.8x version and that attempt at Offline Registration did not work, which is why I updated the Workstation ID in version 4.93.

There is a real problem here, not an artefact: I could only register 4.93 by moving my home computer to my office.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 12.05.2009 14:17

David,

Sorry for the inconvinience. I can see two keys that you created, the first part of the two ID is different, this should not be the case. Please make sure the first half of ID is exactly the same as in registration dialog. Please contact our support at support@heliconsoft.com for details.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”