Dust on the lens

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

amitourlo

Dust on the lens

Unread postby amitourlo » 12.08.2008 22:49

Hi Dan,

This time, I have a picture of hot-air balloons.
The idea would be to remove all the dirty sky with the proper sky due to dust on the lens.
If I try the color brush like for the marmot, I do memorize the normal sky, then I select the durty sky but the 2 blue colors are almost identical and HeliCon is anable to differentiate both colors, even if we set the color tolerance to 0. (see second attachment)
Would be this method the right one to correct this problem ?
Will it be possible to diminish the tolerance lower than 0 or to define in another way the color range ?

I would have the following suggestion to improve the fonctionalities of HeliCon, to be qble to treat different regions of a picture:
- Improved functions to create selections (rectangle, circle, hand free, magic tool with tolerance)
- Add, substract, invert function in addition to this
- Application of all the HeliconFilter corrections only on each selection, not obligatory on the whole picture

This formulation is maybe not so clear but I think that you know what I mean. That would maybe represent a deep change of HeliCon but that is the best way if a picture has different regions which needs different corrections. Do you need more details to explain my idea ?
Attachments
montgulf.jpg
montgulf.jpg (50.41 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
mask2.jpg
mask2.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 3406 times

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 14.08.2008 13:19

In the version 5 of Helicon Filter we plan support of selections and selection tools. There will be no Color range feature as it not flexible enough. There will be a tool to create selection based on color range.

In this particular case I would suggest you to use retouching brushes. I doubt you can replace the sky with one color and make it look natural. BTW, try "Replace sky" brush in Helicon Filter!

amitourlo

Unread postby amitourlo » 14.08.2008 21:48

I am an idiot. Why do I never think to the easiest way to treat a picture ?
It is so simple; I always think to the most complicated method.

Here is the corrected picture (using retouching brushes)... I also add some balloons ;-) You can use it in your gallery if you desire...

Good news for the version 5 if selection tools are coming... Is the version 5 release date already fixed or do we have to wait from 4.80 to 4.99 with about 1 version per month ?
Attachments
DSC06492_hf_hf.jpg
DSC06492_hf_hf.jpg (216.8 KiB) Viewed 3376 times

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 15.08.2008 14:10

I hope to publish version 5 till the end of the year : )

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”