Problem with colour management

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

chris0410

Problem with colour management

Unread postby chris0410 » 13.04.2008 13:20

Hello!

I use Helicon Filter as a plugin within Photoshop Elements 6.0. All works fine but the displayed colour differ from Photoshop to Helicon. If I compare both, the opened picture in Elements and in Helicon filter, the Helicon colours are much warmer (more yellow and red) as if they would use different white balances.

I could not find any way to match the colours in both programs.

Do you have any suggestions?

(I use Adobe Gamma to set correct colours in my system).

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 15.04.2008 09:48

It may have something to do with color profiles. I would suggest you to open any bmp file (because bmp has no profile) and experiment with it.

Adobe Gamma changes parameters of the monitor so it affects all the programs. Please also check what is color settings in PS: working profile, use it for editing or preserve embedded.

chris0410

Unread postby chris0410 » 15.04.2008 19:25

Dan Kozub wrote:It may have something to do with color profiles.

That's what i found out:

I had a specific Colour Profile for my monitor screen. Now i selected sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as the monitor profile in the system settings. Now there are no more differences. Seems as if photoshop uses the specific monitor profiles while Helicon alwas uses sRGB or Adobe RGB.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 16.04.2008 13:53

No, Helicon Filter uses monitor profile and Photshop does not :)

Monitor profile normally has no effect. Photoshop knows about monitor profile and suggest you to convert your image to this profile when you open image (depends on color management settings).

Helicon Filter works in image color space and uses monitor profile when it draws the image on the screen.

If you use Adoba Gamma, it is better set monitor profile to default (sRGB). Othewise space trasformation is made twice.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”