Canon 5D III with Stackshot problems

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
rew22

Canon 5D III with Stackshot problems

Post by rew22 »

I have a Canon 5D III with Stackshot focusing rail and a Canon MP-E 1-5x lens. (This lens has no focus ring, it has to be focused using the focusing rail.) The USB is connected to the Stackshot controller box. (I'm using a Windows PC.) I can't get Live View to work.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Canon 5D III with Stackshot problems

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You need another USB cable between the camera and the PC. Don't connect the camera to Stackshot directly with a trigger cable.
rew22

Post by rew22 »

That solved the main problem. I got Stackshot to take 20 photos and then used Helicon Focus to combine them into one picture with a good depth of field. My main problem left -- I have to use jpeg images -- Helicon Remote doesn't recognize Canon 5D III's raw images. Is there a plug in or something that would let it do that?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

What do you mean by "Helicon Remote doesn't recognize Canon 5D III's raw images"? Did you mean Helicon Focus? If so, you just need to install the new version of Helicon Focus (you'll find a link in a private message).
rew22

Post by rew22 »

My old problem has returned. I have USB cables to both the Stack Shot controller and to my Canon 5D III but Helicon Remote keeps telling me that live view is off and I can't toggle it on. (Toggle live view is grayed out.)
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Either there's a conflict with some other camera-related software (you need to terminate that software), or the problem is with the camera body settings. Send a bug report while this situation is occurring, and we'll take a look.