Black live view image with a Canon camera

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
WJFenn

Black live view image with a Canon camera

Post by WJFenn »

Hi, as a new user to Helicon Remote, please have a little patience with me. My problem, when I connect the camera to the software the Live View is activated but there is a pure black screen, when I check the Auto Focus the the Live View reveals the image for a couple of seconds before returning to the black screen, any help out there please??
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Black live view image with a Canon camera

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Is it on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS?
Probably a problem with exposure, not an error in the app. Change your exposure settings, enable live view exposure simulation in the camera body.
WJFenn

Post by WJFenn »

Hi Stas, the problem was with a Mac. There was no issue with exposure as when I looked through Live View on the camera, everything looked good and as expected. Finally after much fiddling with settings I've found the problem, just one setting putting a spanner in the works. The problem was solved by changing the 'Expo Simulation' setting from 'Enable' to 'During'. Now I can finally get on with things, thank you very much for your reply.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Curious. Glad to know you've found the solution, and thanks for informing us about it.