Nikon D750 with Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
joody

Nikon D750 with Helicon Remote

Post by joody »

I have been trying for a week now to be able to use my purchased version of Helicon Remote with my iPhone 8. I have the wifi function on my camera on and working. I have managed to register Remote on my Mac, but when I try to register it on my iPhone, the icons along the top row do not all display correctly. The Tools and the drop down menu ( that contains the option to register ) are "on top" of each other. So whenever I tap on the top right corner, the tools menu appears. There does not appear to be enough room on the iPhone screen to display all the icons. I can see all the icons on my Apple mini and was able to resister Remote on the mini.......but not the phone. The problem is....Remote always says camera is not connected....on both the phone and the mini. I have been emailing back and forth with Help Desk Support and have yet had a solution. Very discouraged. Please help me find a solution.......much appreciated.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nikon D750 with Helicon Remote

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry to hear our previous replies were unsatisfactory. Let's try again.
The problem with signing in occurs when display scaling is enabled in the iOS system settings. We will fix it in the next update; meanwhile, the workaround is to disabling the scaling temporarily.

As for the connection issue, that is completely unrelated to whether or not you're signed in.
Make sure you have configured the camera to host its own Wi-Fi network (which I believe you did), and then connect iPhone to that network. To reiterate: you have to disconnect iPhone from your home network and connect it to Wi-Fi net created by your camera instead. Based on the info from your e-mail, I believe that's why it didn't work.