D850 Silent Mode with Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Lance

D850 Silent Mode with Helicon Remote

Post by Lance »

Is it possible to control the D850 with Helicon Remote with the camera in Silent Mode? If not, what are the best camera and/or HR settings to ensure zero camera movement from the mirror etc?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D850 Silent Mode with Helicon Remote

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We do not know for sure, but it should probably work. If you have the camera already, why not just give it a try?
BruceFerjulian

Re: D850 Silent Mode with Helicon Remote

Post by BruceFerjulian »

I would like to resurrect this question. I am currently using Helicon Focus on a trial license with the ( Android Helicon Remote ) app via an OTG USB connection from a Google Pixel 3XL phone. I like choosing the smartphone app over Nikon's "FOCUS SHIFT" shooting from their D850 menu because I can pick the near and far focus points.

In Nikon's shooting menu for "FOCUS SHIFT", you can enable silent mode which will keep the mirror locked up during all the shots taken instead of SLAP, SLAP, SLAP while taking the sequence of shots for the stack.

I looked for a preference in the ( Android Helicon Remote ) app to also enable "Silent photography" but could not find it so when using the Android app, you get the mirror slap for every shot.

Am I missing a place in the smartphone menu that will enable "Silent photography" or was this not implemented in the smartphone app?