Helicon Remote for iPhone & iPad

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Sterling

Helicon Remote for iPhone & iPad

Post by Sterling »

I was surprised to see this version of Helicon Remote listed for iPhones & iPads. After looking at one of your video tutorials, it was understanding that only an Android phone could be used.

I have a Canon EOS 5Ds and have used Helicon Remote with the desktop. For the Canon to have Wi-Fi capability, I would purchase the Canon Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.

Another question, is there a charge for the Helicon Remote software purchased via iTunes?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote for iPhone & iPad

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Canon W-E1 adapter is not supported. See the list of all supported wireless configurations in the bottom of the page: http://www.heliconsoft.com/supported-cameras/

Also note that USB connection is not possible on iOS.

Helicon Remote is available free of charge on AppStore for it can be used in "demo" mode. A purchase from our web site is required to unlock raw shooting.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Two questions:

(1) Since I bought the lifetime license version of Helicon Focus, do I still have to pay to get Helicon Remote for either the OS or the Android.

(2) Can the Galaxy Tablet A control the Canon EOS 5DR if the has wireless connectivity via the W-E1 adapter? Also, I have another wireless adapter, the Case Remote Air which includes a wi-fi doggle to control the Canon mentioned above (http://www.caseremote.com/?product=case ... controller)
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1) Yes, unless you've bought a Premium license which includes all the platforms.
2) As I said, W-E1 wireless module is not supported by Helicon Remote. Neither are third-party solutions like Case Remote. Only Canon WFT modules are supported for the moment. You can see the complete list in my previous message.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

I bought the lifetime license many years ago. Can you have someone check to see what sort of lifetime license that I bought?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

So, as far as I can tell, there is no wireless option for the Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR?

If the issue is finding the lightest wired option, the Mac Air or the Surface Pro 4; do you have a preference? Realistically, what is the longest USB that could be used?

Is there a chance that the Canon W-E1 Wi-Fi Adapter could be supported in the future?

Sterling
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There is a wireless option: WFT-E7A. It's been missing from our website, we'll add it to the list.

I can't say whether or not W-E1 will ever be supported at this point. Let's put it this way: I have no knowledge confirming that to be impossible.

For the most portable Windows system (and much cheaper, too) I recommend looking into Intel Atom-based tablets. For the most portable system period - Android phone.

As per the USB specification, maximum length of the USB line may not exceed 5 m. Realistically, I recommend limiting yourself at 3m. Lengths up to 5 should work, but you may find that you have to pick one working cable among several, or perhaps use a USB hub between two devices. A hub extends the limit by another 5 meters, by the way.
dark007

Post by dark007 »

Helicon Remote Worked fine with my Iphone7 Plus :)