Controlling the Cognisys StackShot Macrorail

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
vonbeeren

Controlling the Cognisys StackShot Macrorail

Post by vonbeeren »

Dear Forum members,

I am using a Canon EOS7D Camera together with a Cognisys Macrorail. It seems like the combination of Helicon Remote and Helicon Focus is ideal to take and stack the macro-images I am shooting. There is just one issue that really nerves me. It looks like one can control the rail not continiously but only with the forward and backward buttons (see image). If I am shooting pictures of insects of quite different size I have o go up and down quite frequently with the rail. If I do not connect the macrorail to my PC, I can go up and down continiously pushing the buttons on the Cognisys control. However, in Helicon remote, the forward and backward buttons move the camera only to a certain distance up and down, so I have to push these buttons like 20-30 times. It would be nicer if there would be an option to go up and down continiously (would be fine to click one button for 3-5 sec.). Is there any change to optimize this procedure?
Thanks for your help
Chris
013.png
(1.21 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Controlling the Cognisys StackShot Macrorail

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can use the huge step for long movements. It's only accessible through a keyboard shortcut; you can customize the shortcut in Helicon Remote preferences -> Shortcut keys. The step size is configurable in Preferences -> Shooting (50 by default, as opposed to 25 for the large step).