Repeated Problems Using HR on Nikon D610 and WU-1b Module

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Ipanematom21

Repeated Problems Using HR on Nikon D610 and WU-1b Module

Post by Ipanematom21 »

I am (repeatedly) experiencing the following problems:

1) when shooting a 9-frame exposure bracket, the D610 fails to complete the sequence and stops after 6 or 7 frames. In addition, the last 3 frames in the sequence have exactly the same shutter speed. Note: I have tried shooting the 9-frame exposure bracket some 8-9 times and only once did it work perfectly.

2) HR then indicates the above problem could be due to a bug, but when I try to report the bug from within the program, it repeatedly fails to send the bug report. As a result, I submit it via separate email.

3) I add the camera manually and HR recognizes it right away. After taking the exposure bracket sequence I "Disconnect" and then turn off both the program and the camera. However, the next time I turn on both camera and HR, the program indicates the D610 is NOT connected and I have to add it manually, again.

Appreciate any insights any of you can provide, especially those who use HR with a Nikon (D600 or D610, preferably). Most important, I want to thank Alex and Stas for all their assistance!

Juan
Ipanematom21

Re: Repeated Problems Using HR on Nikon D610 and WU-1b Module

Post by Ipanematom21 »

I forgot to mention that I am using an iPhone 6.

Interestingly enough, I switched the lens to Manual from Autofocus, shot the same 9-exposure bracket several times, and all the sequences came out fine. My lens is a Nikkor 24-120mm f4.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1. I will need that bug report in order to start looking into it.
2. If sending the report failed then either you don't have Internet connection, or some kind of a firewall blocked the app.
3. Are you saying that the camera you've just added had not been stored and disappeared once you disconnected it?

What if you switch back to AF, does the problem occur again?
Ipanematom21

Post by Ipanematom21 »

Stas:

I just retested, using the information that Alex provided and the system is working fine (even in AF mode), except for the fact that after adding the camera with no problem at all, it disappears from the program once I disconnect. The next time I turn on HR, the camera does not appear and I have to add it manually; a minor inconvenience. As for 1) and 2), I'll have to wait until the next time I have the Report a Bug screen pop up.

Anyway, thanks to you and Alex for your prompt responses and guidance!

Juan
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We're working on the disappearing camera problem. Of note: it only disappears when it's detected automatically, so you probably didn't need to add it manually in the first place. Try waiting a bit longer after you turn the camera on. Also, first run the app and then turn the camera on.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

So what do you think solved the problem, exactly? Was it switching the focus mode?
Ipanematom21

Post by Ipanematom21 »

Stas:

I really don't know what solved the problem. Most likely it was resetting the camera.

Thanks again!

Juan