burst bracketing fps measure stuck

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Fahad

burst bracketing fps measure stuck

Post by Fahad »

Hello,

I have nikon d7100 and when measuring the fps and helicon remote gets stuck on "waiting for images" I tried changing the setting from move to computer to keep in camera with no luck.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.95 KiB) Viewed 6415 times
Stas Yatsenko

Re: burst bracketing fps measure stuck

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I've just tested it with two different Nikon cameras and found no issues, so the problem is probably with your camera body settings. Reset them and try again. If the error persists, reproduce it and send a bug report (menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug).
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Hi Stas,

I think the problem is that in D7100 helicon remote doesn't recognize the max buffer size and it makes the system hang, I tried to do normal burst shooting and depending on image size or quality, helicon remote stops working. For example, at JPEG Fine Medium, after 16 images, HR stops working. When i tested my D90, if I set a large burst number, it tells me the camera has only space for X amount of images and burst size will be reduced to that. the FPS measure works if I reduce the image quality from RAW to JPEG medium. Is there a way to solve this? I'm getting a faster SD card (90MB/s write) but I think even then my buffer won't be that big.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Will getting a faster card help since the buffer is clearing faster or does helicon soft not allow images to transfer to the card while shooting?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

This shouldn't be happening. Neither buffer size nor memory card speed should cause the program to hang.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

So what's supposed to happen when the buffer gets full while burst shooting?
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

I tested D810 and same problem only the amount of pictures that make HR hang.
Capture2.PNG
(2.22 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The camera indicates the maximum number of shots it can take based on its buffer size, and we take that number into account. I've just selected 20 shots for FPS measurement, but the program only took 6 because that's how much the camera could hold. Again, there was no error and the process completed normally. I don't understand how to reproduce the issue.