focus steps to large?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ac1977

focus steps to large?

Post by ac1977 »

Hi All,

I am using a Canon 7D Mk2 with an EF24-70 F4 L series lens. I am shooting 24mm Macro at F4. I can control the lens perfectly, and I set my A and B points, but when it comes to shooting (camera to infinity), Helicon Remote seems to always suggest I just need two shots. The depth of the object I am focusing on is about 15cm, so I don't see how this can be done in two shots.

When I shoot, the software "over-drives" the focus, and the last shot is way past the end of the item I am photographing. If I take it off AUTO and change those two shots to eight shots, by the time I get to shot 5, the camera has already passed the far end of what I am shooting.

However, if I use my A and B buttons, the software is still able to control the lens properly and send it to the same points that I designated in the first place. This only happens with this lens - if I use my Sigma 30mm F1.4, I don't have this problem.

Can someone help with this please? Thanks in advance.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: focus steps to large?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Overshooting the B point is not a bug. It's done to keep even distance between shots. So if the distance between A and B is 21 and the step size is 5, the last shot will be at 25, not 21. Which is perfectly fine because it's still within the DOF of 5.

The problem you're facing is because you didn't setup the DOF calculator and your interval value is garbage. Here's how to set it up: http://www.heliconsoft.com/HeliconRemot ... ION_FACTOR