is there a list of wifi adapters for Nikon d800

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
GaryMansperger

is there a list of wifi adapters for Nikon d800

Post by GaryMansperger »

I searched the forum and see things from 2014. Is there a 2016 list of devices that can plug into the usb connector or 10 pin connector of Nikon and connect to Helicon Remote? (other than high $$ Nikon adaptor)
Stas Yatsenko

Re: is there a list of wifi adapters for Nikon d800

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The list is on Nikon website. Well, it's not really a list, but you can find all the Nikon Wi-Fi adapters (there aren't too many) and check the list of supported cameras.
To the best of my knowledge, only WT-4 and WT-5 support D800. And Helicon Remote doesn't support anything non-Nikon.
GaryMansperger

Re: is there a list of wifi adapters for Nikon d800

Post by GaryMansperger »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:The list is on Nikon website. Well, it's not really a list, but you can find all the Nikon Wi-Fi adapters (there aren't too many) and check the list of supported cameras.
To the best of my knowledge, only WT-4 and WT-5 support D800. And Helicon Remote doesn't support anything non-Nikon.
The problem with this is that makes the cost of your software go up by $500. There are several wifi adapters that work on the Nikon and cost in the $80 to $150 range. I would like to use your product but it is not worth an extra $500. I know this function should be built into the camera but is simply one of the stupid things that Nikon does and should not be supported. By you not supporting third party adaptors you are hurting your own sales.