D7100 - Helicon Remote & Iphone 6Plus

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
SamA-F

D7100 - Helicon Remote & Iphone 6Plus

Post by SamA-F »

Hi all,

I have Helicon and want to start using the remote feature on my phone for in field work.

Rather than a USB (which obviously my phone does not have) I have the 'trigger trap' connection to my phone which I use for sound and time lapse photography.
Google md3-dc2-for-nikon to find the connection lead I am referring to.

Does anyone know if this is compatible before purchasing the remote feature?

Thank you in advance.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D7100 - Helicon Remote & Iphone 6Plus

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Only Wi-Fi connection (using the Nikon WU-1 adapter) will let Helicon Remote control your camera on iPhone.
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

The Nikon WU-1A adapter for the D7100 works with Helicon Remote. But you need to do the following: 1. Link your phone to the adapter after you plug it into the camera and turn it on. If you are on a PC, use your smartphone or tablet to see the adapter name (on my iMac I had to do this) and enter it manually. On Android devices, look for the Nikon adapter in your WiFi menu and connect to it. 2. Go into Tools, Network Cameras and change the IP address (press and hold when your D7100 shows, and choose edit). Change the IP address to xxx.xxx.1.1 (leave the xxx alone) which is the camera address. Also choose auto in the the menu bar below the IP address. And then through the magic of modern technology, your camera will connect.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Note than when you launch the app for the first time there will be no entries under Tools -> Network cameras. So you'll have to simply press "Add" (instead of editing as described above).
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Note than when you launch the app for the first time there will be no entries under Tools -> Network cameras. So you'll have to simply press "Add" (instead of editing as described above).
Thanks Stan, I must have connected incorrectly the first time I tried.