Helicon Remote with Stackshot on MacOS 10.11.2

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Defocused

Helicon Remote with Stackshot on MacOS 10.11.2

Post by Defocused »

Just updated to 10.11 from 10.10 over the Holidays, and now Helicon won't detect our Stackshot.
The warning about needing to fix the communication problem pops up. I click "yes," and reboot. Did that twice and I'm still getting the warning.
Then attempted to handle it manually, but the AppleUSBFTDI.kext file that needs to be renamed/moved does not exist.
Defocused

Re: Helicon Remote with Stackshot on MacOS 10.11.2

Post by Defocused »

Did some hunting around Cognisys' website, and happened to stumble into the Technical Support for the standard StackShot, instead of the StackShot 3x section, and found a fix.
https://www.cognisys-inc.com/products/s ... _specs.php
Did just a quick preliminary test, and it seems to have worked. I'm going to be using Remote and the StackShot a lot the next week or two, so I will let you know what I find.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thank you very much, this is very interesting and will help many Stackshot users on OS X. This means that our crude (and somewhat iffy) solution is no longer needed. We'll see if we can integrate this solution into our program.
Defocused

Post by Defocused »

I've been talking with Cognisysy the last couple of days. It sounds like they are working on a better solution. There concern is the method I used may make firmware updates in the future a pain. So be advised.