Stackshot Out of Control Movement

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Defocused

Stackshot Out of Control Movement

Post by Defocused »

I've had an issue come up between Remote and our Stackshot 3x. Most of the time everything works great, but occasionally when I'm setting up a shot I will tell the Stackshot to move (via Remote) and it just starts doing a continuous move. I've even had it move the wrong direction. Again without stopping.

I end up having to unplug the USB cable from the Stackshot to get it to stop before hitting the ends of the rail.

I then have to restart Remote (often multiple times) before it communicates properly again.

When the problem occurs it's always during the initial setup. If it works fine at that point, it will work fine the rest of that session.

We are running Remote on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) running OS 10.10.5, and Remote 3.6.2.m.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Stackshot Out of Control Movement

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We'll look into it. Never encountered this issue.
Defocused

Post by Defocused »

If I can gather any further data, I'll forward it along.

I have another identical setup that I will try if I have time. That way I can rule out a hardware issue.
Defocused

Post by Defocused »

Just a quick update. I used the other identical StackShot 3x setup we have yesterday, and it did it again. I had to reboot in order for it to resume working correctly.

Just to keep everything up to date, I'm running Mac OSX 10.11.2 now and the 3.6.2.m version of HeliconRemote.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Noted, thanks for the information.
Defocused

Post by Defocused »

It's a bit of a reach, but I may try plugging the USB cable from the controller into a different port. Right now it is going into a port on the back of the Apple Display, so maybe send it directly to the Mac Book Pro.