Helicon Remote + Stackshot Rotary Table

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
brianmerwin

Helicon Remote + Stackshot Rotary Table

Post by brianmerwin »

Hello!

Is it possible to use Helicon Remote to control the Stackshot Rotary table, to capture 360 shots of a product, but use the camera AF lens to produce the focus stack for each of the 36 frames of the object?

I know the Stackshot controller can handle this using the rotary table, and the focus rail, however the objects I'll be shooting are 2-3ft long and the StackShot extended focus rail is only 12" which I don't think will give me enough throw to both fill the frame and get the entire object sharp front to back when it's positioned at it's longest away from the camera.

We haven't purchased the stackshot hardware yet, so this is some pre-project research to see if it's even possible.

Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote + Stackshot Rotary Table

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It's not possible with Helicon Remote until we add support for multiple stepper devices. Which is on our to-do list, but I can't give any time estimate as we're not working on it yet.
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

I would be very interested in this and to extend the control to 2 axes of rotation, so I would need to control at least two stepper motors and the camera. I would like to use the combination to created focus-stacked files to use in Agisoft's 3D rendering software. Without the computer controlling the focussing, rotation and tilt it means I need to be there for several hours for each shot.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The function that we have in mind and will implement one day will let you control unlimited number of motors and specify custom relations between the axes, letting you specify movement sequences of any complexity. But again, haven't even started working on yet.