Focusing help

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Cstarman

Focusing help

Post by Cstarman »

I am having difficulty getting my entire image in focus when I stack them. I set the near focus and lock it. I then set the far focus and lock it. Just as described in the tutorial. I start shooting with 80 or so shots and it looks like the auto focus just stops working about 75% of the way to the farthest saved focus point. The camera keeps taking shots to the 80 or so shots previously determined by setting the near and far focus limits. I have tried shooting different subjects from rocks to text on a box and the results are the same.
It is a real mystery as the overall capture and stacking procedures are so straightforward.
Thanks for any ideas!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Focusing help

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I don't understand. Are you saying the camera keeps shooting, but the focus position stops moving?
Cstarman

Post by Cstarman »

Yes. That is exactly what happens. I am able to set focus point just fine. When I start shooting, focusing seems to stop but the camera keeps on shooting.
Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Have you checked that the lens doesn't simply reach the end of the range? By the way, if your lens has a range switch (macro / full range), it must be set to full.
Cstarman

Post by Cstarman »

Thanks much! I will do some checking later. I really appreciate it.
Cstarman

Post by Cstarman »

Set lense to full range All is well! Thank you so much!