Helicon Remote not recognising Stackshot

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Totterdown

Helicon Remote not recognising Stackshot

Post by Totterdown »

Hi,
I'm using Helicon Remote (latest version, on trial) on my Macbook Pro, having just bought a Stackshot. The program will not operate the motor, despite reinstalling the software, and checking connections. I get an error message saying that there is a problem communicating with the stepper motor, and I click "yes" to fix automatically. Have done this several times, seems to make no difference.
Any suggestions?
Totterdown

Re: Helicon Remote not recognising Stackshot

Post by Totterdown »

I've rebooted the Mac, reinstalled software several times. I should have also mentioned that when the Mac is connected to the camera via USB, Stackshot does not fire the shutter. It will fire if I unplug the connection, but of course I lose Live view.
What else could I try?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

DO NOT connect Stackshot with the camera. Connect Stackshot to Mac and the camera to Mac. That's it.
Totterdown

Post by Totterdown »

In terms of USB cables, that's exactly what I've done. The only connection of any sort between Stackshot and the camera is the shutter trigger cable.Should this be disconnected? I've just tried that and it still doesn't work!

Have now just tried the system using a Windows laptop, got exactly the same result. Got an error message saying that stackshot drivers not installed, so relied on Windows to find correct device drivers, so stackshot now works with Windows computer, but I have not been able to the same with my Mac.

Any further advice? Where can I get correct drivers for Mac?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, don't connect the shutter cable.

We're looking into the Stackshot problem. Looks like it breaks with every OS X update.