Wifi and modern Nilon

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
tazspin

Wifi and modern Nilon

Post by tazspin »

Just because when I searched this forum I never found confirmation that Helicon Remote can connect to a Nikon D5500 over wifi I can now confirm it does, I followed the instructions Stas Yatsenko posted in another post.

1. Very important step: make sure no other camera-related sofwtare is running on the device where you'll be using Helicon Remote. No official Nikon utility or anything else that could possibly communicate with the camera.
2. Very important step: reset / clear all the Wi-Fi related settings in the camera body.
3. Setup the wi-fi connection in the camera, connect your device to the nnetwork hosted by the camera.
4. Run Helicon Remote. It should pick up your camera: "Select a camera" button will unlock. Press it and tap the camera to connect to it. If no camera is detected automatically, proceed to 5.
5. Go to Tools -> Netowrk cameras -> Add on Windows / Mac / Android. On iPad, tap Select a camera -> Add. Enter an arbitrary name, your camera's IP address (typically 192.168.1.1 for Nikon) and select your camera type (Nikon / Canon). Press Add to confirm. Now you have a camera entry to connect to under "Select a camera" button.

I did have to do step 5 but after that when I went to "select a camera" button it was there and did connect
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Wifi and modern Nilon

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Great! We're looking into the problem with detecting the camera automatically (which lets you skip step 5).