Nikon Dxxx and iOS connection troubles

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
orto

Nikon Dxxx and iOS connection troubles

Post by orto »

Hi,

just spend 2 hours reading and testing nearly everything I could find about it without any success ...

I followed your s-b-s instructions but no luck, no connection possible. I tried on the D7200 and D750.

The strange thing about it, I can't find the Network Cameras option under Tools! The only options are Exposure Bracketing, Time Lapse and Start/Stop Video Recording ???

HELP :( :( :(
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nikon Dxxx and iOS connection troubles

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

On iOS it's the "Add" button in the "Select a camera" dialog (press the "select a camera" button and you'll see it).
orto

Post by orto »

Ok, did that already yesterday:

1. Turned on D750 - Turn on WiFi - Reset Network Settings
2. Connect iPad to WU_xxxx Wifi - Checked IP address (192.168.1.2)
3. Turned on HR - waiting 2 min. no camera shown
4. Select camera -> nothing
5. Add camera:
- Name: D750
- Address: 192.168.1.2
- Type Nikon WT (tried Auto too, same result)
- Confirmed new camera with ADD
6. D750 shown in the Select Camera menu - select D750 - connect -> ERROR
Attachments
2015-08-31 12.24.24.jpg
2015-08-31 12.24.24.jpg (157.21 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Make sure there's no other camera-related app running on your iPad. If there is none, and you're certain you have rest all the Wi-Fi settings in the camera body, then we don't have a solution for this issue.
David Edge

Post by David Edge »

Keep trying. I went round the block with the iOS app and a D750 several times and eventually got it to work. Some things that will help:
- you shouldn't use the Nikon profiles. These are for cameras with the external / fancy / expensive WiFi controllers
- force restart the iOS device having manually closed all other apps
- tell your iOS device to 'forget' your home network before the session. Otherwise, every time the connection to the camera drops, your iOS device will revert to the home network. You'll then need to rejoin the home network after the session of course.

Despite all that I've given up for now on the iOS app for now because there's a bug that it keeps losing your registration and you can't re-register it unless you have access to the internet - so no good for use in the field, and even at home you have to reconnect to home network and then forget it again.

But at a pinch it can be made to work if not very reliably.
David Edge

Post by David Edge »

See also the thread "Compatible with iPad" where there are other peoples' attempts to get to grips with it

cheers

d.