Trouble connecting

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
shmigoli

Trouble connecting

Post by shmigoli »

I've used many of the available camera apps out there, this is one that I've grown fond of, unfortunately lately Helicon Remote started crashing on me after taking a photo. Currently though I cannot even get the app to see my camera. I'm using a Droid Razr to wirelessly connect to my Canon 6D. I've sent an email to support but getting no response and really want to use this. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has experienced this and can tell me a solution or why this might occur.

So I get as far as reconnecting my camera to my phone, it connects, but while on the camera side it says "Start the EOS app on the smartphone", when I get into the app it says at the top left "No camera found". Every so often I can get it to connect but then it closes and won't show any camera present when I open it again. I've tried closing out this app and going to the EOS one and that one sees the camera and connects.

I just want to get this to connect and stay connected as I really want to use this as an intervalometer. I will say too that I was so determined to get this going that I reformatted my phone thinking there was something wrong, but still no it doesn't see the camera. I'll go back and check the wifi on the phone and it's still connected to the camera yet won't see it in the app.

Any help anyone can provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you

FYI - The other app SlingShot crashes every time I connect
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Trouble connecting

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Let me give you the same reply here as we've already sent by e-mail in response to your message to support.
You need to start the app first and then turn the camera on. It won't work the other way around. If that doesn't help, the 6D Wi-Fi setup guide will: http://www.heliconsoft.com/HeliconRemot ... ml#Canon6D