Defining save folder (android)

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RichJ

Re: Defining save folder (android)

Post by RichJ »

by Stas Yatsenko » 17.06.2016 00:34

>All the folder paths and settings are specified in the settings -> Saving -> Folder.

Yes, that is where I told Remote to use the folder that I had created on the EXT SD Card. It could not access it!

>The default is the default Android "Pictures" folder, which is usually in the internal memory.

Understood, but useless to me, see prev msgs.

I have created a folder on the SD Card, for some reason now it can't be written to (permissions?).

Before the folder was accidentally deleted, it worked fine.

Sorry, I am not a Linux/Android person, how do you change the permissions on an Ext SD Card folder so that Remote can write to the folder?

If Remote assumes the Int storage on re-installation, that would not appear to solve the problem.

Richard
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Stas, problem solved.

The issue was not the path name... it was a bad file name definition in the settings.

The error msg is inadequate, it should state what the problem is, not "check enough storage avail, permissions etc." (paraphrased)..

Richard
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

If you tell us what exactly was wrong with the name, we'll see if the nature of the problem can be detected more specifically.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Stas,

The closing ] was replaced by another char, IIRC it was a question mark (?).

Simplest solution is to check all chars are valid and properly enclosed by [...]. (AKA "range check"). This would cover misspelling as well as missing delimiters.

Richard