photos coming out white

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ryuneo24_

photos coming out white

Post by ryuneo24_ »

Hello

I have just downloaded the 30 day trial version and I'm trying to experiment with the remote software doing focused stacking. All of the photos are being saved into the folder are coming out white? Also this software seems very slow taking each individual photo? Is this normal?

Regards, Ryan
Stas Yatsenko

Re: photos coming out white

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Check your exposure settings. The software doesn't touch the photos in any way.
How slow?
ryuneo24_

Post by ryuneo24_ »

Thank you for the reply

With regards to the exposure settings. The images completely white? What kind of exposure with you recommend if you're doing macro photography?

Also with regards to the speed just seems to be very slow? Probably around 15 min to take around six images? Is this the normal speed
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, that's definitely not the normal speed. Please take a short stack (3-4 pictures) that suffers such a long exposure, and send a bug report (menu -> Help -> Report a bug).
As for the exposure - I obviously can't recommend anything specific, but it's not a software issue. It's the settings of your camera.
Could it be that you're shooting in a bulb (manual exposure, or long exposure) mode? That would explain both the white images and long shooting if each image is being exposed for, say, 2 minutes.