iPad and Canon 1Ds III

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
bepperubini

iPad and Canon 1Ds III

Post by bepperubini »

Hi all, I'm new in this forum.
I would like to know if I can control my Canon 1DS Mark III with the WFT-E2 via iPad wireless with Helicon Remote?
Second question: I also need an internet connection?
Thank you in advance.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: iPad and Canon 1Ds III

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Can't say, we didn't test WFT-E2. In theory, it should work. If you already have the hardware - just give it a try.
You don't need an Internet connection, other than to purchase the license for the app.
bepperubini

Post by bepperubini »

Stas, thank you for your response. As soon as I get the WFT- E2 II, I try hardware and software immediately. As soon as the trial period ends, I will buy the permanent license. I already tried Helicon Remote with my Canon 1Ds III wired with iMac 5K, everything works fine.

Giuseppe
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Just to reiterate, we can't guarantee WFT-E2 will work. But there's no known reason it shouldn't.
bepperubini

Post by bepperubini »

My Canon 1Ds markIII + the WFT-E2II works fine with Helicon Remote wireless both inside house with the home network and outside creating an ad hoc network. I purchased the software and enter the code in Helicon Focus and Helicon Remote in iMac and in Helicon Remote Mobile of iPad. When I start Helicon Remote in iPad, the software accept only jpeg files, not raw, because there is no code. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.
Giuseppe
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That's a known problem that we've already fixed. The fix will become available to you with the next update which should hopefully happen next week. Until then, unfortunately, the only workaround is to enter the code every time you restart the app.
bepperubini

Post by bepperubini »

Thank you vero much, Stas.
Giuseppe