Helicon Remote & Nikon D810

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
yatnola

Helicon Remote & Nikon D810

Post by yatnola »

I'm shooting with a D810 and a Nikon 60mm micro f2.8G ED.

Helicon Focus doesn't show f2.8 in the pull down. The lowest f stop is 3.0
Setting and locking near and far points appears to work - but the resulting shots are all only the closest point. Shots 2 to max ( be it 2, 16 or 33) are all of the closest point. I have 50+ shots of the same focus point on my subject.

Exposure adjustments don't affect any changes to the control panel or histogram.

From other postings I think you may not have access to an 810. Got it. Why don't you rent one for a couple of weeks and get your software up to date?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote & Nikon D810

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The software is most likely not to blame, we have dozens customers with D810 who have been using the program ever since the release of this camera. Now, onto your questions:

1. The list of available apertures has nothing to do with the siftware, disconnect the camera from PC and try selecting 2.8 without changing anything else. You probably won't be able to, just same as within the program. My guess - it depends on the zoom / focus ring position, since it's a macro lens.
2. Please reproduce the problem and send a bug report (menu -> Help -> Report a bug). Before submitting the report, make sure that the points A and B are in fact different and that you can move between them back and forth.
3. You have to activate live view exposure simulation: menu -> Tools -> Live view -> Exposure simulation.