D810, Helicon Remote and Nexus 9

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
dkperez

D810, Helicon Remote and Nexus 9

Post by dkperez »

Has ANYBODY had any luck using Helicon Remote with a Nexus 9?

I've tried posting twice on this and nothing ever seems to appear in the forum, and I'm having significant difficulties getting the combination to work. Since nothing seems to show up here I've been asking in other forums to see if anyone has any ideas...
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D810, Helicon Remote and Nexus 9

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

What kind of difficulties? You didn't give much information for us to work with.
If memory serves, there was at least one person who has successfully run Remote on Nexus 9.
dkperez

Post by dkperez »

Unfortunately, I tried to post several days ago, and it never appeared in the forum. So, this was an attempt to get a topic in here...

OK, I have a Nexus 7 that I've used with Helicon Remote. It's slow, but it works.

I recently purchased a Nexus 9 that I attempted to use with my Nikon D810 and the current version of Helicon Remote. Again, it WORKS, but there are very long lags/delays on many operations. I captured some video that shows what I'm talking about, and I'll attempt to attach it to a second reply.

In case it doesn't load:
When connected, and with Live View turned on, if I move the camera, instead of the display updating quickly (real time?), it freezes and only the far right edge updates. After the movement stops, eventually, the rest of the display updates. This makes it extremely slow and difficult to get the area of the subject that's important displayed.

Similarly, if I zoom into the image, then attempt to autofocus, only the right edge updates, then after several seconds, the rest of the display FINALLY updates.

When attempting to move around a zoomed image by dragging a finger, rather than the display updating, I get what look like torn tiles that freeze and jitter on the display. Again, eventually the display updates but the huge lag makes it difficult to navigate to the section of the subject that I want.

Again, I'll attach the short video to the next reply.
dkperez

Post by dkperez »

I don't know where it's wound up, but I've attached a small piece of video captured from the screen of the Nexus 9 that shows the behavior I'm seeing.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That is a known problem. Drop a message to heliconsoft@gmail.com, and we'll send you a fixed version of the app that works on Nexus 9.
Oleg Moskaliuk

Post by Oleg Moskaliuk »

Hellow! I have the same problem on Nexus 9 and d800e with trial version Remote Control. Can I get fixed version to finish try out before purchase?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sure. We've sent you an e-mail with the APK file.
Oleg Moskaliuk

Post by Oleg Moskaliuk »

I got it. My thanks!
dkperez

Post by dkperez »

Mail's on the way... Looking forward to having Helicon Remote work with the Nexus 9...