Nikon D7200 Support

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
dumorian

Nikon D7200 Support

Post by dumorian »

Does the remote program operate off of a database of cameras known to work? I see that is recognizes the N7200 is connected, but says it does not support it. Do I need to move on to another App or is this just a matter of an update to the App when the 7200 is supported?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nikon D7200 Support

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We're adding preliminary support for D7200 (and D5500) right now, and will probably have to make adjustments when the technical documentation becomes available (it isn't yet). Unfortunately, with Nikon cameras (unlike Canon), we do have to make adjustments to the program to fully support new models.
If you're interested in testing Helicon Remote with D7200, send a message to heliconsoft@gmail.com, say what operating system you need the program for (Win / Mac / Android), and I'll send you a download link.
dumorian

Post by dumorian »

So this thread went a bit quiet as it went behind the scenes. :) Anyway, I'd like to say that support from Helicon is fantastic. The D7200 was added super quickly. This is a great company.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks! Glad everything went smooth with D7200 support.
chpcrvr

Post by chpcrvr »

I recently sold my Nikon D5300 and purchased a D7200 which doesn't want to connect to HR on either my android phone or my iPad. Do I need to delete my current versions of HR and reload them? Using a tether from my android phone works fine but I keep getting a ' camera refused connection' error when trying to use wifi.
Jeff
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

D7200 is currently not supported on iPad (will be in the next update, which will hopefully go live next week), but it should work on Android. The connection procedure is no different from other Nikon cameras with the built-in Wi-Fi module:

1. Very important step: make sure no other camera-related software is running on the computer where you'll be using Helicon Remote. No official Nikon utility or anything else that could possibly communicate with the camera.
2. Very important step: reset / clear all the Wi-Fi related settings in the camera body.
3. Setup the wi-fi connection in the camera, connect your device to the network hosted by the camera.
4. Run Helicon Remote. It should pick up your camera: "Select a camera" button will unlock. Press it and tap the camera to connect to it. If no camera is detected automatically, proceed to 5.
5. Tap Tools -> Network cameras -> Add. Enter an arbitrary name, your camera's IP address (typically 192.168.1.1 for Nikon) and select your camera type (Nikon / Canon). Press Add to confirm. Now you have a camera entry to connect to under "Select a camera" button.

The message about profile mismatch, should you see one, indicates that either step 1 or 2 was not performed properly.