Using Helicon Remote Untethered

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
dblarch

Using Helicon Remote Untethered

Post by dblarch »

Hello Stas,
I have Helicon Remote 3.2.7w and a Nikon D800e tethered to a laptop. Can the software work untethered, e.g., with a transceiver such as Camranger, so that I can use it in the field? Also, can the stacked final image be edited as it can be in Photoshop? In the latter the final image is composed of layers from each contributing image. Each layer has a layer mask that can be edited.

Thanks,
Bob Farrell
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Using Helicon Remote Untethered

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We only support Nikon WT-4 module for D800.

You can export layers as a set of PNG files with transparencies. You can then open them in Photoshop as a stack and edit it.

Though I would recommend to use Helicon Focus retouching brushes if you want to correct result. It is more handy than a brushes in PS. You will see the difference when the number of layers is more than 3-5.
dblarch

Post by dblarch »

Thank you for your reply, Stas.
The Nikon Wt4a requires Camera Control Pro 2 for controlling the camera settings. If Helicon Remote can do the same, or more, would you please direct me to the instructions.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

All the functions available in HElicon Remote with a USB comnnection are also available wirelessly - no more, no less. Setup instructions can be found here: http://www.heliconsoft.com/HeliconRemot ... ml#NikonWT