HR with Samsung Galaxy Tab S (LTE)

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RichJ

HR with Samsung Galaxy Tab S (LTE)

Post by RichJ »

Could you please confirm that the combination Nikon D3X and Samsung Galaxy Tab S LTE works with Helicon remote (all features) using a USB cable (not Wi-Fi)

Are there any Nikon FF cameras that are newer than the D3X that do not work with HR using a USB cable (not Wi-Fi)?

Thanks.

Richard
Stas Yatsenko

Re: HR with Samsung Galaxy Tab S (LTE)

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There's a full list of supported on our site. Any of those cameras will work with any Android device that has USB support. However, we don't know whether or not Galaxy Tab S LTE has USB host support. Why don't you try it out for yourself? Helicon Remote is a free app; a license is only required to unlock shooting RAW - once you've tested the app sufficiently and decided that you want to keep using it.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:
However, we don't know whether or not Galaxy Tab S LTE has USB host support. Why don't you try it out for yourself?
Stan,

I am planning to buy a tablet, so I can't test it.... whatever I buy has to work with this and other apps that I need....

Apart from "officially supports" I am looking for user input.

Thanks.

Richard
mrose

Post by mrose »

I am using a Tab S successfully with an OTG cable. It's not the 4G LTE version but that shouldn't affect the USB i/face.

Incidentally when I recently bought my Sony Z3 compact phone it came with an OTG cable in the box, how thoughtful!
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Post by mrose » 04.02.2015 07:12
I am using a Tab S successfully with an OTG cable. It's not the 4G LTE version but that shouldn't affect the USB i/face.

Good.

I visited 2 of our local cell providers yesterday (only available through them :( )

One said "don't know, we don't have a device you can test it on, buy and return". The other said "We don't know but we have a demo model, bring your camera and software in and try it...."

Unfortunately I can piggy-back the data on my wife's account with the first, but its an add-on on my account with the other....

Thanks for the positive reply.

Richard