Errors with Nikon DF

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Raajs

Errors with Nikon DF

Post by Raajs »

Hi,
I submitted a bug report and subsequently found something that may help you sort out the bug:

When I set HR to move the images from the camera to the computer, everything works fine. When I set the preference to leave images on the camera, when I click "Take picture" I get an error that says - "The program detected error while communicating with the camera. Report a bug if this error persists. The program may not function properly untill you restart the camera." Restarting the camera has no effect.

This is easy to reproduce and hopefully enables you to fix. I am using a laptop to trigger the camera and need to leave images on the SD card in camera.

Thanks!
-raaj
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Errors with Nikon DF

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Unfortunately, we don't have a Df. But I think this error is caused by camera settings. Can you reset the body settings and try again?
Raajs

Re: Errors with Nikon DF

Post by Raajs »

Hi Stas,
Thanks for your response. I tried upgrading HR to 3.1.14 and came across this problem in the upgrade - when I clicked upgrade within HR, it downloaded something and after installing the upgrade asked me to restart HR. I did and checked the version - it still said 3.4.13, so the upgrade process on the Mac doesn't seem to be working right. I them downloaded the 3.4.14 dmg and reinstalled, re-entered the code and got the license. Now the HR version is 3.4.14.

Tested with the new version for the previously reported problem - no change, the issue still exists. Both the Nikon Df and D3x show the same problem - when I leave the settings in HR to either "leave image in camera" or "Copy image", I get the previously reported communication error. MLU is off and both cameras are in single shot mode. Only when I set the HR mode to "Move image to computer" does it take the image and not encounter the communications error.

Happy to get on a goto meeting and show you this, if it will help you fix the bug.

Wish you all happy holidays.

Cheers,
-raaj