suggestions for a optimum camera/lens for macro

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Sterling

suggestions for a optimum camera/lens for macro

Post by Sterling »

I have a Sony RX1 which I am very happy with except for the absence of a wireless shutter release. In addition, I do not think the Helicon Remote is supported.

I think I will need to buy a different camera/lens combo to make
optimum use of the Cognisys products and also the Helicon Remote
Software. Do you have any recommendations?

Sterling
Stas Yatsenko

Re: suggestions for a optimum camera/lens for macro

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Helicon Remote supports Canon and Nikon DSLRs (except of D3x00 series). Usually higher models have more features.

Canon Live View has higher resolution then Nikon's (1024 vs 640). Also note that Helicon Remote can work with wireless cameras/modules, decide yourself if this is an important feature for you.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Assuming I prefer a Canon to have the higher resolution, what would be your choice for camera/lens combination for unlimited budget and moderate budget?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We are software developers so our knowledge and experience with equipment is rather limited. I would look for advice from pro photographers. I would choose from top full frame Canon cameras (5DMKIII, 6D). The latter one has built it wifi module.

As to the lens, there is not much choice in macro segment as far as I remember, if you are looking for top resolution.
austrokiwi

Post by austrokiwi »

For macro lenses it really depends on what your looking for. Many of the macro lenses today are highly compromised in terms of deign. Many people actually find Enlarger lenses with bellows are cheaper and perform heaps better than US$1000.00 macro lenses. I repeat it all depends on what sort of macro photgraphy you are looking at.