No Camera Found

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
JohnT

No Camera Found

Post by JohnT »

I am trying to work with a Canon EOS Rebel SL1, connected to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. When connected through my USB adapter, the Android OS asks which program to use, and the choices do include Helicon. But the Helicon gives me the "No Camera Found" indication. I see a message repeatedly pop up that asks for permission for Helicon to use the USB device, which I allow, but it never seems to connect. Several times, the flash on the camera has activated, and one time only, I did see an image pop on the screen from the camera, but it disappeared almost as quickly as it popped on.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: No Camera Found

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sounds like there might be a loose contact somewhere in the cables. Other than that, I have no idea. It's certainly not a problem with the app itself.
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

I downloaded and installed a different app and it seems to function just fine. Camera is found, controls function as expected, get crisp live views on the tablet, am able to remote focus and snap pictures with no issue. Wonder what it could be if it is not an issue with the app?
Thanks anyway ......
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I wonder, too. Please exit that other app, connect the camera, run Helicon Remote, wait a couple seconds and send a bug report (menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug). If there's a prompt for permission for Helicon Remote to open the camera - make sure to grant it.