Tether D5100 help!

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Cmoney

Tether D5100 help!

Post by Cmoney »

I'm sorry if this has been answered a while back. I bought a used transformer infinity to try tether capturing with the D5100. I have gone through a process trying to figure out the correct way to connect the camera to the tablet. The OTG cable obviously dosnt fit with any of the ports on the tab or the camera. Finally I tried conecting the micro usb to usb on the nikon to the 40 pin usb asus charge cable via a femail to femail usb dongle. Helicon remote will not detect the D5100. Can anyone set me on the right path!? Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Tether D5100 help!

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

How is that tablet connected to PC? With the same 40 pin socket? By the way, I might be wrong but I believe Transformers have a conventional USB port on a dock station.
Cmoney

Post by Cmoney »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:How is that tablet connected to PC? With the same 40 pin socket? By the way, I might be wrong but I believe Transformers have a conventional USB port on a dock station.
It is connected to the PC through the 40 pin. The dock does have a USB however I don't use or own the dock. It would defeat the purpose of using a tablet if I hae to use the dock. I have no problem tethering to my mbp through Lightroom or any other program.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You need an appropriate 40-pin SUB OTG adapter then. I don't know if such an adapter exists for Transformers (since they have a dock). I know there are similar special adapters for Samsung tablets.