unable to zoom in

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
stickyhelicon

unable to zoom in

Post by stickyhelicon »

I'm using a Canon 70d with Helicon Remote installed on Mac 10.9.x.

I'm finding that I'm unable zoom in on the Live View image in the Remote interface.

This is the first time I'm using Helicon with this particular camera body, so I'm wondering if it's a camera setting issue, although this seems unlikely. I have tried connecting the camera to two different computers and both do not allow me to zoom.

I do see the plus sign when I rollover the Live View image, but clicking has no effect.

How can I remedy this?

Also, a separate question related to zoom when it's working as expected ... why do I not get a plus sign with the cursor when rolling over all parts of the image? I find that some parts do not show the plus sign with the cursor and I can only click to zoom when I do see a plus sign. Is this a bug?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: unable to zoom in

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Both things seem to be bugs. Try zooming in with mouse wheel instead of clicking. Does it work?
Anyway, please start Remote, connect the camera, click the image once in an attempt to zoom in and send a bug report (Menu -> Help -> Report a bug) with a short description of the issue like "zoom isn't working".
stickyhelicon

Post by stickyhelicon »

Apologies for the delay in replying to this thread. I was able to solve my issues by making the Menu changes detailed in this post:

http://www.heliconsoft.com/forum/viewto ... 347#p16347

I set the 'AF method' setting in the menu to FlexiZoneAF[] ... note, that is the FlexiZoneAF option with the square at the end not the curved brackets like FlexiZoneAF(). And also changed the Continous AF setting on the same Menu screen to Disabled.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the information, glad you've figured it out.