"Invalid size" in Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
goggaman

"Invalid size" in Helicon Remote

Post by goggaman »

Dear all.

I suddenly get an "invalid size" error in Helicon Focus when I render a stack. It looks like some images in the stack are landscape and some in portrait (taken with Helicon Remote, Canon 500D + 100mm lens, Windows computer). I have no idea why this suddenly happens and how do I fix this?

Also, I want to change the steps that the lens move forward (huge step, big step and medium step) but it always go back to the defult.

Regards
Stas Yatsenko

Re: "Invalid size" in Helicon Remote

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

This is either a bug in Helicon Focus, or with the camera body orientation sensor. Make sure you have the latest version of Helicon Focus 6. Then verify with some other image viewing software that the images indeed have different orientation. If they do, it's a camera body issue. Disable orientation sensor in the body settings. If the images, in fact, have the same orientation but are displayed differently in Focus, that's a helicon Focus issue and we'll have to take a look at it. For that we'll need 2 sample images that are displayed differently.

As for the step size, I'm not aware of that issue. Do you press "OK" after editing (or "Back" button on Android)?
goggaman

Post by goggaman »

Dear Stas.

Sorry for slow reply, been in hospial......

I am using ver 3.4.7w for remote and 6.2.2 for focus. I have set "Live view rotation" to "disabled" in remote. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Yes I have made sure that I klick "ok" after editing. Tried again just now, it is still stuck at 25 steps.

Regards
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Go to preferences -> Tools and press "wipe settings". See if you can change the focus step sizes now.
goggaman

Post by goggaman »

Dear Stas.

Thanks.

It didn’t help though. I played around a bit and I think I found the problem (or more likely the origin of my confusion). In the attached screenshot you will see that in the “Preferences” box there is “huge step, big step and medium step” with four, three and two arrows respectively. In the “Focus bracketing area” there are three, two and one arrows. It seems that the number of arrows in “Preferences” corresponds to the number of arrows in the “Focus bracketing area” so only “big step and medium step” can be changed with small step defaulting to a single step.
Some where I have my settings wrong and I don’t know how to fix this.

Regards

Christian
Attachments
HeliconR.jpg
(190.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There's nothing wrong. Small step is one unit of movements (these are conventional units, not a fixed physical length). And then you can adjust medium, big and huge steps. Huge step can only be performed with a keyboard shortcut, there's no button for it on the Focus Bracketing panel.