no camera found

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
zuppi

no camera found

Post by zuppi »

I have Sony Xpertia Z2 tablet with Android 4.4.2 and a Canon 7D latest FW. I connected the camera to the tablet using a mini to micro USB cable. No matter what I do, it shows 'no camera found'. Is ther somewhere a manual where I can read up how to get this working?
Are there specific setting I need to check?

I'm using the trial version.

Thanks
Daniel
ThePhotographer

Re: no camera found

Post by ThePhotographer »

Hi
I have a Nikon D800, a Samsung S5 with Helecon Remote v 3.4.6 trial version, and a just-bought OTG adaptor and the Nikon USB cable connected.
Camera is on M-manual (tried others), AF set, and on.
But the app doesn't register/find the camera.

I believe that I've done everything right :-(

Any clue to why the app doesn't work ?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

zuppi wrote:I have Sony Xpertia Z2 tablet with Android 4.4.2 and a Canon 7D latest FW. I connected the camera to the tablet using a mini to micro USB cable. No matter what I do, it shows 'no camera found'. Is ther somewhere a manual where I can read up how to get this working?
Are there specific setting I need to check?

I'm using the trial version.

Thanks
Daniel
The second line of the app's description is all the manual you need in this case: "USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket". A mini to micro USB cable is NOT an OTG adapter.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

ThePhotographer wrote:Hi
I have a Nikon D800, a Samsung S5 with Helecon Remote v 3.4.6 trial version, and a just-bought OTG adaptor and the Nikon USB cable connected.
Camera is on M-manual (tried others), AF set, and on.
But the app doesn't register/find the camera.

I believe that I've done everything right :-(

Any clue to why the app doesn't work ?
It doesn't work because Android itself doesn't detect the camera. Most likely because it has no USB support or limited support. Connect a USB mouse instead of the camera. Does a cursor appear on the screen?